GUIDELINES FOR PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
Hello, we are looking forward to working with you and your child on Houston Season 1. Below are a few guidelines to help you prepare for your child working on set.
Will parents/guardians be able to bring laptops and/or tablets on set while their minor is filming?
- Laptops and tablets are fine, but internet will be limited. There are no photos allowed on set of any kind.
Will there be teaching on set?
- As it is summer break, there will not be schooling on set. Children who are currently in school and not on summer break should not work on this production.
Will parents/guardians be able to leave set?
- Each minor must have one (1) parent/guardian on set at all times. Parents/Guardians are not able to switch out throughout the day. The parent who attended PCR testing and day of rapid testing will need to be the one on set until the minor is wrapped.
- If you will need to change the parent/guardian that will be on set with the working minor please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 days prior the filming date.
Will parents/guardians be able to bring additional children to set?
- Please do not bring family or friends to the set. Only the guardian and working minor can be on set.
WHAT WARDROBE SHOULD MY CHILD WEAR?
- Wardrobe details can be found on your booking confirmation page. Confirmed wardrobe details are updated between 10PM – Midnight the night before the filming date.
- When you come for the day of work please wear whatever outfit you feel is your best option and bring your other items, clean and pressed, as additional changes.
- Please stay away from super-bright neon colors, bright reds, and too much black.
- NO large logos, NO small or busy patterns
- It could be rainy and production is not able to provide warming/dry gear. Please bring a sweater or a light jacket.
Will parents/guardians also need to complete the SafeCamp Registration?
- Yes. Both minor and parent/guardian need to complete the SafeCamp link below. It will generate a barcode. Screenshot the barcode and have it ready to present to your tester. Keep the screenshot as this will be how you scan in to test each time that you test for this production.
- CLICK HERE for the SafeCamp link.
When will we get covid-19 test results?
- You will get your results emailed to you from the lab.
When will We get Call Times?
- Call Times will be emailed once received from production. You may visit your booking page between 10 PM and Midnight for your confirmed call time. If we receive the call time earlier, we will email you to let you know it has been posted.
MINOR WORK PERMIT INFORMATION:
- The Georgia Department of Labor has implemented an electronic registration system for Minors in Entertainment.
- All children under the age of 18 years in the entertainment industry in Georgia are subject to the Georgia Department of Labor’s rules concerning minors in entertainment. A representative of the minor must register the minor with the Georgia Department of Labor prior to performing in Georgia.
- If your child(ren) is not already registered, please visit the following link to register: https://www.dol.state.ga.us/public/es/mie/minor/login
- Minors cannot work if their number is unable to be verified. Please note that verification is based solely on The Georgia Department of Labor. See below for potential reasons the minor number is unable to be verified:
- The minor number has been inputted incorrectly
- The birthday has been inputted incorrectly
- The last 4 of the social has been inputted incorrectly
- The gender does not match the gender on the minors submission
- The numbers have been mixed up with a siblings
- The minor needs a new certification number in which you will need to contact the Georgia Department of Labor for
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR DIGITAL VOUCHER FOR PAYMENT:
- Houston Season 1 is using the RABS App & Digital Voucher. That means, no more filling out paperwork on set! The app is approved by SAG-AFTRA, keeps your data secure, and makes sure you get paid. RABS will text you at call, at meals, and at wrap. Before you get to set, please complete your “Payroll Wizard”, aka Digital Voucher, at this link: https://houston.rabs.app/bg
- It is CRITICAL that you register and complete your RABS “Payroll Wizard” before you arrive to set. The Payroll Wizard is what ensures you are PAID for your work. Please visit the link 12-24 hours before you are scheduled to work to complete your payroll information.
- You will no longer complete your background actor voucher paperwork on set. Your voucher should be completed through the app digitally before you arrive to set. You can keep track of your voucher by logging into the app to view your voucher after you have worked.
- For BG support with RABS and questions visit: BG Support
- Please CLICK HERE for additional RABS details for your minor background actor.
BACKGROUND ACTORS PAYROLL INFORMATION:
- The Background Actors payroll company for Houston Season 1 is Elevate Payroll.
- You should receive your check 3-4 weeks from the date that you worked. If after 4 weeks your check has not arrived, please call Elevate Payroll at (505) 888-9400 between 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM MST one hour behind CST. You may also email Info@
BACKGROUND ACTORS IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR PAYMENT AND HIRE
- Please bring valid Government issued photo ID with proof of age. Please note, you must be legal to work in the US with a working Social Security number.
- Please review the following list of acceptable documents for identification – ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS FOR I-9
- You must bring the hard copy, original version of any document that you will be using to complete your I-9. You must bring either 1 ORIGINAL HARD COPY item from List A OR 1 ORIGINAL HARD COPY item from List B AND 1 ORIGINAL HARD COPY from List C. Please note, if you are using a document from List A, you must ALSO bring a photocopy of your document that you can turn in with your voucher.
- Example: If you are choosing to use your Driver’s License as a form of identification (List B), you must also bring a document from List C i.e. Social Security Card.
- Example: If you are choosing to use your Passport as a form of identification (List A), that is the only document that you will need to bring. You will need to bring the hard copy of your passport.
- You will NOT be able to work if you do not bring the original hard copy of your identification documents. If you do not bring the original documents you will NOT be able to be signed in and work. All documents must be valid and not expired.
- For minors – In order for the production to properly process your child‘s payment, we ask that you make sure to bring the required identification on the day of filming for filling out the I-9 on your child‘s background actor voucher. You will complete the voucher with your CHILD’s information, not your own.
- Acceptable List B Documents for individuals under the age of 18:
School record or report card
Clinic, doctor or hospital record
Day care or nursery school record
- Acceptable List C Documents for individuals under the age of 18:
U.S. Social Security account number card
Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority or outlying territory of the United States bearing an official seal
REMINDER SET RULES AND GUIDELINES
- No weapons, drugs, narcotics, alcohol, or illegal substances are permitted. You cannot bring any illegal items with you. Security is on location and you are subject to be searched at any time.
- You may not bring any additional guests with you.
- Please be courteous to all crew members at all times. It is imperative that you exhibit professionalism and respect towards those working around you while on set.
- No photos will be allowed on or near the premises, taken by camera, laptop, cell phone or any other recordable device.
- Please do not approach any talent while they are working. No autographs may be requested from any of the talent and/or crew.
- Once you have reached the designated background actors holding area, you must remain in the area as instructed until you are escorted to set. Please do not wander the premises unattended.
- Please follow all instructions given by the Set PAs.
- Once you are signed in, you are required to stay until wrapped.
- Please come to set having eaten. Meals are not always guaranteed, it depends on the amount of time that you are working on set.
- You may be asked to leave if you do not follow guidelines.
REMINDER SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES:
The posting of any photos and information about HOUSTON SEASON 1 on social media is strictly prohibited.
In order to maximize the success of this project, it is also essential for the producers and network to control all publicly known or exposed information about this project, in a carefully controlled fashion.
We understand that all crew members, cast members, background actors, extras and vendors at every level are proud to be contributing to the creation of this project. Likewise, all visitors to the set must understand the need for confidentiality.
We ask that you partner with the hard working and dedicated producers, directors, and with the network to keep all aspects of this production confidential.
Confidential production information includes, but is not limited to:
- Scripts, Story lines, Shooting locations, Casting information, Characters, Set & Cast & Prop & Costume Images Budgets, Call Sheets, Audio & Video. It is important to understand that information shared with those outside the production, including friends, family members, and industry associates, even with social media settings limited to “Private Mode,” or “Friends Only” settings, can find their way into the public sector.
These social media sites include but are not limited to:
- Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Flickr, Google Plus +, Deadline.com, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Vine, TMZ, Vimeo, Tumblr, Instagram, OnLocationsVacations.com, Reddit, YouTube, Tiktok
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO IF I HAVE TO CANCEL MY BOOKING?
Please email Hylton Casting ASAP at email@example.com. Please put “Cancellation” in the subject line of your email and list your first and last name, phone number, the name of the production, and the date that you are cancelling for. We ask that you do your best to give us at least 24 hours notice.
**Please note, the production reserves the right to cancel any aspect of your booking (in whole or in part) at any time for any reason (including, without limitation, in connection with last minute production changes), regardless of whether you or the production has confirmed the applicable booking. If your booking is cancelled (either in whole or in part), you understand and agree that you are not entitled to any consideration in connection with such cancellation (including, without limitation, compensation, fees, reimbursement, expenses and/or other consideration). Please make sure to check your email prior to arrival to the production location for any updates. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.**
**For all extras that are booked, we would like to inform you that it is our policy to overbook extras to compensate for last minute cancellations affected by weather, traffic, and other unforeseen circumstances. The formula we use to derive at our booking levels, is carefully applied and as conservative as possible while still fulfilling our responsibility of ensuring the required number of extras for the producers. Therefore, a confirmation email does NOT guarantee placement. Once production is at full count, additional extras will not be signed in and therefore, will not be compensated. Extras that are signed in by production are not employed by Hylton Casting and will be compensated by the production company.**